How We Detoxify
To prevent and reverse our toxic burden, we need to:
- facilitate the movement of toxins out of our cells, across the cell membrane. This can be assisted by using 3000 mg daily of pure fish or flaxseed oil; having a high potassium/low sodium diet; maintaining a more alkaline pH of urine and saliva; using drainage remedies such as Unda 1, 2, 20, 258 and 48; using the ionic trace minerals copper-silver-gold (Cu-Au-Ag) and manganese-copper (Mn-Cu) (known as oligotherapy); using fresh vegetable juices, herbs and sea weeds as organic mineral sources.
- improve circulation with daily exercise, so carbon dioxide and cellular toxins can be carried away in the blood and oxygen can be delivered to cells
- increase the flow of the lymph through the lymphatic vessels by regular deep breathing, exercise, rebounding (jumping on a small trampoline), skin brushing and alternating hot and cold showers
- strengthen the thymus gland and improve immunity so white blood cells can demolish bacteria, viruses, fungi and toxins and digest the debris carried to the lymph nodes. This is accomplished by using an herbal combination of astragalus, codonopsitis, ganoderma, schizandra, cat’s claw, pau d’arco and ligustrum.
- stimulate bile flow in the liver (the bile carries out the toxins) and improve liver detoxification. Use castor oil packs over the liver as needed.
- improve kidney drainage, so water-soluble toxins can easily exit through urine. Drink 2-3 liters of pure water daily to facilitate this.
- improve the composition of the bowel flora so these organisms can break down environmental and hormonal toxins and carry them out through the stools. Use a probiotic daily.
- increase bowel movements to 3 daily by consuming 30-40 grams of fiber daily, so toxins can leave quickly. Incorporate the use of enemas if necessary.
- use exercise and regular saunas to increase perspiration, so toxins can be eliminated through sweat
- practice deep breathing throughout the day and a specialized pranayam once a day to increase oxygen and maximize removal of toxic gases with exhalation
- ensure adequate rest, as we detoxify mostly at night
- establish periods of occasional fasting to decrease the digestive load, so energy and enzymes can be directed towards detoxification. We can choose to fast either one day a week; twice a month on the full moon and the new moon; one week every 2 months; one week every season; during the solstices and equinoxes; or according to a self selected schedule.